<-- Use table of contents at left to search book club comments
a. Adoption driven by:
i. Low cost sensors
ii. Cost issues
NUI is cool...but what is going to drive sales? I like this post because it points to two key issues related to Multitouch:
1. Multitouch, esp. Vision systems will have to difficulty retrofitting into existing environments.
- Ambient Infrared (During the elections, MSNBC had to filter all the lights in their studio in order to use Surface).
- Hygene (esp. in healthcare environments).
- Formfactor (it's hard to sit down and use Surface...there's nowhere to put your knees).
2. What's the price/performance ratio. Application development for Surface is running about $100-300k right now. I could design, prototype and get well into manufacturing an IR-controlled paper towel dispenser for that price.